As decided before the first race of 2020, Marquez will be on Honda’s satellite team, a switch from the factory team for his rookie season. Regardless of the switch, he will continue the receive the latest parts from Honda. Alex Marquez’s new RC213V will be featuring backing from Castrol and Givi.
In his latest tweet, Alex expressed his excitement about his new colours.
Alex spoke of the key areas in which he must improve.
“We calculated in some places I was losing four seconds in the first lap, seven seconds in the first three laps. This is impossible to recover in the race. So qualifying is something I need to improve. I need to understand better the tyres. I come from many years on Dunlop in Moto2 and Michelin Is a different thing. When they are new you need to be aggressive but at the same time smooth.”
Alex Marquez’s entire technical crew is listed below:
- Christophe Bourguignon – Chief Engineer
- Jaume Carrau – Engine Mapping
- David Garcia – Data Recording
- Joan Casas – Mechanic
- Christopher Richardson – Mechanic
- Michele Andreini – Mechanic
- Sergi Sangra Lluch – Tire Responsible
- José Carrion – Rider’s associate
- Yuji Kikuchi – HRC Technician
- Katsuhiko Imai – HRC Staff